TfS was designed to bring voluntary sector organisations together to provide a single access point for residents and professionals in the London Borough of Sutton.
Our services are aimed at supporting a range of needs for residents and professionals of Sutton, with the hope to help individuals to feel:
InformedTo help the individual to be able to access a diverse range of information, advice, support and advocacy, which helps them to identify their options and make the choices required.
Provision of Universal Information
- Giving residents (and professionals) access to the information they need on a range of topics or issues. This will provide residents with information for them to know what their options are and how to do more about their situation.
Provision of Advice Services
- Giving individuals more specialised support with advice and advice casework. This includes the diagnosis of the enquiry, giving information, explaining options, identifying further actions the client can take and providing some assistance.
Professional Advocacy Support
- Help people say what they want, secure their rights, represent their interests and views and obtain the services they need.
- To include one to one support for individuals;
- Support to build local networks, peer or group support, mentoring and breaks/activities/time out.
- Promoting and supporting the involvement of local people in the provision and scrutiny of local care services to enable local people to monitor the standard of provision of local care services and how local care services could be improve; and obtain the views of local people regarding their needs for, and experiences of local care services and make these views known.
- To log and take forward NHS complaints through our TfS partner, Advocacy for All.
To provide information and advice around the NHS, health and care for residents of Sutton, through our TfS partner Citizens Advice Sutton.
TfS look to support Sutton professionals in the same way as if they were to call us as a resident, but we also hope to share knowledge with professionals through our TfS Information Networks. At the moment these are only planned for professionals in the London Borough of Sutton, however we hope to have some resident events in the coming months.